Algae is a common problem in many bodies of water. It can be unsightly and can cause an unpleasant odor or taste, as well as reduce oxygen levels and harm aquatic life. Fortunately, there are ways to control algae growth, and one of the most effective methods is using an algaecide.
Algae Shield Algaecide is a powerful and effective algaecide that can be used to prevent and control algae growth in both fresh and saltwater. Here’s how to use it:
1. Start by testing the water to determine the pH level, alkalinity, and hardness. Algae Shield is most effective when the pH is between 7.0 and 8.0.
2. Calculate the amount of Algae Shield that is needed for the water body. The amount of algaecide needed depends on the size of the body of water and the type of algae present. Refer to the Algae Shield label or product information sheet for the recommended dosage.
3. Add the recommended amount of Algae Shield Algaecide evenly around the perimeter of the water body. It’s important to evenly distribute the algaecide so that it can have the most effective coverage.
4. Allow the algaecide to work for several days. The algaecide should kill the algae within a few days.
5. Test the water once again to ensure that the algae has been successfully eliminated.
Algae Shield Algaecide is a powerful and effective algaecide that can be used to prevent and control algae growth in both fresh and saltwater. With proper application and timing, the algaecide can be used to effectively eliminate algae and keep it from returning.
If you have any other questions about pool and spa products please do let us know - we are here to help!
Also don't forget to subscribe to our YouTube channel and check out our videos with other great pool and spa products!